December 24, 2011

Another Christmas; Another New Year

Life is going by at 100mph and I want a cop to stop me and tell me to slow down.

Senior year has been one of my best semesters. I got to hang out with friends, not stress too much about school work, bond more with Sigmas, dance more with Rice Crew, and lastly, work much closer with CSA. Everyone is beginning to feel like family and I can't even begin to think about life after they're gone.

Putting the sentimental stuff aside, I'll give a quick recap of my semester. Geez, where should I even start?

After taking the GREs, school shortly began. My day-before-school-start flight was actually cancelled for the first time in my life. They provided me a free hotel with dinner + breakfast, so it was actually really relaxing. I got to school the next day bright and early, thanks to Anthony who volunteered to pick me up. (Yay friends with cars!)

Suite Life of Moxi, Yichen, Alice, and Soyoun:
I love living with these three girls. Although sometimes we probably annoy each other with cleaning up, trash, not sleeping, eating, etc., but at the end of the day they are a really fun bunch to live with. At the beginning of the year we would do stupid stuff together and work out in the suite. Yichen also bought us beach themed decoration so our suite was very warm. Also, our across the hall neighbors (CSA suite + Josh) are all very fun to hang out with. We go there whenever (as in a lot), and chill/watch TV/play video games. I feel like I finally have brothers! Lol...in a way.

Classes:
I took Developmental Psychology, Capoeria, Voice Lessons, BCS 152, and Statistics. (Which, btw I got a 3.81 GPA from this semester and I am sooo happy) The one class I took for fun I got a B+ in, never again...

Social: 
Yeah, this is about all I did this semester which is why I enjoyed it so much.

As school got rolling around so did rush week, Mid-Autumn festival, CSA first GIM, and RICE practice. This year there were 140 international Chinese freshman, so our CSA became very fobby all of the sudden, not that it is a bad thing. Our first GIM and barbecue turned out really fun. We had a Sigma party at the suite (beach themed), which ended up getting broken up by the cops because one of my syands was yelling at them drunkenly haha. Despite all that, it was fun because I was bartending.

Mid-Autumn was the first weekend of October. Because I didn't really help much in it (since everyone who stayed during the summer did stuff), I just organized a bit and then danced with RICE crew. It was so much fun! I got a CSA little shortly after that, Jo-Jo!

I'm also making a lot of food this semester, whether it's baking or cooking. Surprisingly, everyone I'm around loves to cook so we always have time to make stuff with each other. For example, Alex and I have made bread about 4-5 times (which the first 3 times failed). Andrea and Kathy also used to come over to bake cupcakes, which were delicious! Susana too actually, but she never cleaned haha.

We went apple picking, hot poting, camping (10 people in this huge tent!), Russell Peters, lots of CSA events, domestic violence awareness week (with banquet too!), NERR at Rochester, Vice&Virtue (top bidder $180!), Halloween mixer + others, ice skating, me driving SA van (mwahaha), pre-Thanksgiving dinner, Thanksgiving in NYC with Emma/Jing/Sining.

As you can tell, it was very eventful that I'd probably end up writing a book. The only thing I gotta elaborate on is 12/3. This was one of the best days of my life! I got into Take-Five AND Rice Crew won 2nd place in DU competition. I couldn't have asked for a better day. Well...I could have because I had to study after instead of to to Crab Shack. But anyway, I feel like sometimes all the hard work does pay off despite what normally happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment