July 11, 2011

Poreoticsssss....or not.

7/4-7/10

Monday, July 4th, I went with some friends and lots of friend’s friends to an Italian place called Maria Pia. This was the first time I’ve had Italian food after going to Italy. I must say…it just isn’t the same. Afterwards, we headed to the roof again and watched the fireworks. Even though it was a bit short (30 minute display), the fireworks was amazing. It was across the Hudson river with a two mile distance, so it was basically a panel of synchronized fireworks.  

Wednesday I went bar hopping with some SURP people, we also hit up Pommes Frites, a Belgian fries place. The sauces were amazing, but the fries were just okay! I don’t see why it has 3000 reviews on Yelp honestly lol.

Thursday I went to Lombardi’s Pizza with Jane and Stephen. It is NY’s first pizza place and it was sooo good. This is definitely gourmet pizza, and very expensive too! They don’t sell it by the slice and it’s actually real mozzarella on there. I love it!

Friday I went to Circle club at Korea Town. It was very interesting because it’s an Asian club! They played mostly pop songs, but also some Korean songs. The original intent was to go to watch Poreotix. However, I think we got the date wrong or something because they never came. So…we just ended up dancing. I had lots of fun except after 2 hours, my feet REALLY started hurting. I think it was so moist that day so it kept rubbing in my shoes, but honestly it’s never hurt so much in my life. It was soooo bad, but I got a good jelly foot wash afterwards hahaha. 

On a side note, I'm freaking out about the GREs. I have so many presentations, program events, plans with friends that I feel like it's going to ruin all my studying time. Ugh, I wish I would put GREs first sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment